Tidal Wetlands Workshops
Annual workshops are held for the tidal shoreline management community in Virginia. These events cover a variety of scientific, policy and management topics. They also provide networking opportunities for local and state agency staff, Wetlands Boards, non-governmental organizations, private consultants and contractors, citizen scientists and other participants.
Each workshop event has a dedicated web page with presentations, summary reports, handouts, and related materials. Contact presentation speakers for permission prior to using or reproducing any photos or other content.
- Webinar Date TBD - Shoreline Assessment Tools 101: supporting coastal resilience and living shoreline assessments
- July 14, 2022 – Keeping Up with Shoreline Changes: Status, trends, and legislation
- August 2021 – Shoreline Management Webinar Series
- August 2020 – Shoreline Management Webinar Series
- May 2, 2019 – Building Momentum for Coastal Resilience
- June 14, 2018 – Shoreline Best Practice Case Studies: What Resilient Shorelines Look Like & How They Work
- May 2, 2017 – Sustainable Shorelines in Action: Successful Applications & Incentive Program
These workshops are funded in part by the Virginia Coastal Zone Management Program at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality through Task #6 - "Tidal Wetlands Management Technical Support" grant, of the U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, under the Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972, as amended. The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Department of Commerce, NOAA, or any of its subagencies.