Continuous Monitoring Station: Selection, Assembly, & Construction.
by Eduardo Miles
CBNERR has been performing continuous shallow water quality monitoring for more than ten years. During this time, several monitoring platforms have been developed that take into account certain design characteristics that are considered important when a proper balance between cost and operational performance is desired.
The purpose of this manual is to provide monitoring teams with guidelines to enable them maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the station configuration selection process. Based on experience gathered at CBNERR, it is a good practice to review, at the beginning of the station selection process, the different types of platform configurations, and assess which configuration can work best in the specific monitoring environment. The manual provides basic information on monitoring platforms that can either be used to select a specific configuration or to define new design features to meet the particular needs of the monitoring program.
- Cover Page, Table of Contents, and Introduction
- Chapter 1: Selection of Station Settings
- Chapter 2: Station Platforms
- Chapter 3: Selection and Assembly of the Sensors Protection Device
- Chapter 4: Buoyant Monitoring Stations
- Chapter 5: Fixed Structure Monitoring Stations
- Chapter 6: Telemetry Equipment Installation
- Chapter 7: Maintenance Considerations to Ensure Data Quality