Wetland Delineation Workshop
June 19-21, 2019
CBNERR is offering a 3-day workshop on the wetland delineation protocol “Regional Supplement to the Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual: Atlantic and Gulf Coastal Plain Region Version 2.0.”
The course curriculum will cover all aspects of wetland delineation in the coastal plain region, and include classroom and field activities.
Workshop participants will learn:
- The current scientific understanding for physical, chemical and biological phenomena that characterize wetlands in the Coastal Plain
- Wetland delineation protocols based on the Regional Supplement methodology
- Proper sampling techniques for wetland delineations
- Introduction to the National Technical Committee for Hydric Soils’ (NTCHS) indicators for wetland soil conditions
- Introduction to “Difficult Wetland Situations,” and how to conduct a wetland delineation when “normal circumstances” are not present
- Tips on preparing a submittal package to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for a Jurisdictional Determination
- Differences between the Regional Supplement and the 1987 Manual, including implications for wetland delineations in the Coastal Plain
Registration will open mid-May. Contact Cirse Gonzalez, firstname.lastname@example.org, for details.
CBNERR hopes to offer training on the following topics in the near future:
- Perennial stream identification
Do you have an idea for a training opportunity or program that you would find particularly helpful? Please contact Cirse Gonzalez at 804.684.7144 or email@example.com and let her know of your suggestions.