Returning for its first biennial appearance, the York River and Small Coastal Basins Symposium convenes practitioners and residents throughout the York, Mobjack and Piankatank watersheds for a day of knowledge exchange and networking.
This forum, hosted by CBNERR-VA and the York River and Small Coastal Basin Roundtable on the VIMS campus, will provide an opportunity to learn of watershed research, education, stewardship and management efforts, past, present and future, from a variety of regional perspectives.
Our theme this year, Collaborative Science Driving Broader Impacts, begs the questions: Who does our science reach? How is it applied? What impact is it making? Join us for a look at the studies, approaches and programs that are creating ripple effects throughout the York watershed system.
Find inspiration in keynotes and a series of place-based presentations, in addition to a poster expo and networking opportunities.
- What: A forum for the exchange of place-based research, education, stewardship and management; presentation and poster summaries here
- Where: In person (!) at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science, Gloucester Point, Virginia
- When: May 17, 2023; registration begins at 8am, agenda here
- Who: Researchers, managers, educators, practitioners and community members operating in the York River watershed and its adjacent (Mobjack, Piankatank) basins
- Why: To learn about the place we live and/or work from new perspectives - and to meet the people behind it all!
- How: Registration now closed. Stay tuned for follow-up!