Since monitoring began in the 1970s, the Virginia Institute of Marine Scince and the Chesapeake Bay Program have used a number of different spatial units to collect, analyze, and present data on the coverage, density, and species composition of seagrass beds in the mid-Atlantic.
Here you can access interactive tables that organize annual seagrass coverage and density values within various combinations of these units. You can download these data for further analysis.
- Seagrass Area by Quadrangle
- Seagrass Area by Segment
- Seagrass Area by Segment within a Quad
- Seagrass Area by Segments within a State
- Seagrass Density by Segment
- Seagrass Density by Zone
- Ground Survey
- Seagrass Species by Segment