Insurance Coverage

The Risk Manager in the Office of  Finance administers the risk management programs of VIMS other than automobile insurance and workers' compensation. These programs include the procurement of general liability and property insurance, the handling of claims associated with insurance coverage for buildings and equipment, property (land and buildings) inventory control, and the procurement of bond insurance.

To Report a Loss

Immediately call the Risk Manager, Carol Tomlinson at extension 7014 to report any loss or occurrence that could require insurance coverage. If you are unsure about the applicability of the insurance coverage, call the Risk Manager for assistance.

Policies and Procedures

The State self-insures VIMS and its employees and the State Attorney General's Office provides legal counsel. Additional information is included in the VIMS' Policy and Procedure Documents; section PPD-0201, regarding VIMS Insurance Coverage Program.