Your gateway to information and tools to assist Charles City County with implementation of tidal shoreline laws and policy established by the Virginia General Assembly.When accessing data from this site, users agree to all conditions outlined in this disclaimer.
DisclaimerThe Center for Coastal Resources Management (CCRM) provides these data with the understanding that they are not guaranteed to be correct or complete, and conclusions drawn from the data set are the sole responsibility of the user. Every attempt has been made to ensure that these data and the documentation are reliable and accurate. CCRM, the Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS), and the Commonwealth of Virginia assume no liability for any damages caused by inaccuracies in the data or documentation; and make no warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, or utility of this information, nor does the fact of distribution constitute a warranty.
Interactive map viewers with the most recent information about shoreline and coastal conditions. (best viewed on large screens)
- Virginia Coastal Resources Tool – view shoreline conditions by locality or river system using an interactive coastal map and dashboards
- Sea-Level Rise Risk and Vulnerability Tool
Shoreline & Tidal Marsh Inventory Reports
Current and historical assessments of shoreline features.
- Shoreline Inventory Summary Tables – 2013
- Shoreline Inventory Reports – 2013
- Historical Tidal Marsh Inventory – 1990
GIS Data Downloads
Click below to download the most recent data displayed in the Comprehensive Map Viewer.
Other Shoreline Publications
Additional reports and management plans related to tidal shorelines produced by CCRM and/or VIMS Shoreline Studies Program.
- Charles City County Shoreline Management Plan – 2015
- Shoreline Evolution: Charles City County, Virginia – 2014
- Tidal Wetlands Guidelines – 2021
- Shoreline Management Handbook
- Shoreline Best Management Practices including Decision Tools and Shoreline Management Model
- Comprehensive Plan Guidance
- Tidal Shoreline Laws & Policies
- CCRMP FAQ's
- AdaptVA climate adaptation gateway with short and long-term water level predictions, adaptation stories plus legal and policy resources
- AdaptVA Interactive Map sea-level rise forecasts, social vulnerability, infrastructure and natural capital in one viewer
- Living Shorelines
- Shoreline & Tidal Marsh Inventory Program
- Shoreline Management Model
- Tidewatch Map© 36-hour coastal flooding forecasts
- Wetlands Management general wetlands policy and guidance