CBNERR-VA Research Permits

CBNERR-VA requires a basic research permit by principal investigators conducting approved research and a special-use permit that may be issued under special circumstances for activities otherwise prohibited by management policies. In addition to Reserve permits, the Division of State Parks requires a permit for research activities conducted within York River State Park. The Department of Game and Inland Fisheries also issues scientific collection permits for any faunal resources under its jurisdiction. The collection of historic or archaeological artifacts can only be conducted with an approved permit from the Division of Historic Landmarks.


For information on research permits at Reserve Sites, please contact CBNERR-VA Associate Director,