From our start in 1998, the culmination of our breeding efforts has been the release of brood stock to hatcheries for propagation of seed and eyed larvae. Because progress is continuous in a breeding program, we expect to release lines yearly that are better than the previous generations. The number of brood stock released in the past five years has climbed steadily, from 100 in 2004-2005 to 500 in 2006-2007 and 7,000 in 2008-2009.
For a detailed description of our program view our
- Oyster Breeding Program manual
- Policies and information concerning the distribution of brood stock
- Brood-stock recommendations for various regions of Chesapeake Bay
For a list of ABC's current line offerings, as of September 2019, click here.
- Annual Stakeholders Meeting: March 1st, 2014 | Download meeting agenda (pdf)
- 2013 Field and Hatchery Brief
- Annual Stakeholders Meeting: February 5th, 2011 | Download meeting agenda (pdf)
- Download 2010 Hatchery Debrief
- Annual Stakeholders' Meeting: February 20th, 2010 | Download meeting summary (pdf)
- 2009 Oyster Hatchery Season Debrief | Download Hatchery Debrief (pdf)
- Oyster Breeding, Brood Stock Supply, and Hatchery Development