TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Virginia Institute of Marine Science offers images and other media resources free of charge for public service or educational purposes. Recipients of such materials agree to be bound by all of the following terms and conditions:
- VIMS media will be used one-time only by the applicant for the agreed-upon use.
- VIMS media may not be used for resale, advertising, or in any other manner that constitutes or implies VIMS' endorsement of a commercial product or activity unless a specific written exception is obtained from the [[vimspr,VIMS News & Media Services Office]].
- The following credit line is mandatory with use of any and all VIMS materials unless a specific written exception is granted by the VIMS News & Media Services Office to the client for use of part of a credit line. CREDIT: Photographer's name (if known) / Virginia Institute of Marine Science. Omission of credit line with VIMS images without express written permission of VIMS News & Media Services Office subjects client to legal action.
- Client will not make or permit any alteration, additions, or subtractions in respect of the materials, including without limitation any synthesization of the images, alone or with any other material, by use of computer or other electronic means or any other method or means now or thereafter known, unless specific written permission is obtained from VIMS.
- Client accepts full liability of its principals, employees, agents, affiliates, printers, and successors for damage or misuse of images.
- Client shall provide two free copies of uses appearing in print or electronic productions.
These terms and conditions are equivalent to licensing under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Request a Photo
©Copyright 2022, Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS)/William & Mary