Borrow, Renew, Request, Reserves
- To borrow items from Hargis Library, you must have a valid William & Mary ID card.
- All materials are subject to recall.
- Reminders on due dates and recall notices will be sent to your W&M email account. If you do not monitor this account regularly, forward your W&M mail to your active email account.
- Borrowers should note the policies for the late return of materials, as well as damaged or lost materials.
- Borrowers are responsible for all library materials loaned to them. If you lend a library item to another person, you are responsible for all replacement costs, and other charges incurred if there is damage or a loss of materials.
- Students, faculty and staff from the Williamsburg campus should note the Hargis Library loan and renewal options, as well as the policy for materials that are not returned on time or are lost or damaged.
Information on overdue, lost or damaged items and loan periods for materials.
View items you have checked out
- Students & Staff: books- semester loan, maximum 5 renewals
- Faculty: books - 1 year from date of loan, maximum 5 renewals
- Other types of materials or borrowers from the Williamsburg campus: Check info here.
If you are unable to renew an item from your account, you may have reached your maximum number of loans, or a request may be pending for the item.
Need a book that is already checked out? [[v|coughlin,Email us]] to place a recall or submit an interlibrary loan request to get the book faster.
Need a book that we don't have? You can borrow books, reports and other items from other libraries - fill out the request form and we will do the rest.
First time requestor for interlibrary loans? Check this information.
Books placed on Reserves for School of Marine Science courses are located in the library on the shelving unit facing the east windows. Reserve material is to be used in the library only and not removed.
Information for Faculty:
Please forward your lists of materials to the library prior to the start of classes. Some items may be out on loan and time will be required to recall them and make them available for your class.
Materials from other W&M libraries cannot be placed on reserve at VIMS. [[v|coughlin,Contact the library]] to arrange for copies to be acquired.