Need help in translating a journal abbreviation into the full name? Try this search.
ProQuest Science and Technology Databases
Journal names are now written out clearly. If you wish to see if specific journals are covered by the database, check the following:
Web of ScienceJournal names are now provided in full with your search citation. If you do across an abbreviated citation, this list may also help.
- ISI Journal Title Abbreviations: from Caltech Library Services
- Chemical Abstracts
- CAS Source Index search tool : enter the journal title keywords.
- Alphabetical list of journals covered by the database
- List of journals indexed for Medline
- Genamics JournalSeek: type in the journal abbreviation to get the full title
- Science and Engineering Journal Titles and Abbreviations: from the University of British Columbia
- Abbreviatons.com: Search acronyms and abbreviations. Includes journal abbreviations for many science areas.
There are other online and print based lists to consult. If you are still stuck, send us an email and we'll be glad to help.