Lab Founder and Director: Grace Chiu
Founded in May 2019, the ESTDatS Lab is devoted to cutting-edge statistical and data scientific research in marine science, environmental science, and other scientific disciplines that are integral to evidence-based policy making.
Our lab specializes in integrative, holistic statistical methodologies to tackle multi-faceted research problems.
- Bayesian / hierarchical / spatial / temporal / mixed-effects
modeling of complex
environmental / ecological / biological
- statistical model-based assessment of
ecological / biological / policy
- integration of statistical and
process / simulation
models via Bayesian melding
- non-standard asymptotic theory
- transdisciplinary environmetrics
(e.g. food web ecology,
ecosystem health modeling,
evaluation of farming practices,
- policy analytics
(e.g. resource management,
policy efficacy evaluation)
See sidebar/page menu items for more information.