Virginia Clean Boater Program
What is the Virginia Clean Boater Program?
The Virginia Clean Boater Program is an important part of the Virginia Clean Marina Program. Both programs are voluntary and give participants the resources needed to minimize pollution. The Virginia Clean Boater Program recognizes boaters for being good stewards by doing their part to the keep the Chesapeake Bay and Virginia waterways clean.
Why become a Virginia Clean Boater?
By adopting pollution prevention measures, Virginia Clean Boaters can take satisfaction in knowing they are doing their part to:
- Keep Virginia waterways clean.
- Preserve our waterways for the future.
- Learn and teach clean boating habits.
How to become a Virginia Clean Boater?
- Download the Clean Boater Guide.
- Agree to follow the Clean Boating Tips listed in the guide.
- Take the pledge.
- We’ll mail you a Virginia Clean Boater sticker to put on your vessel.
- Support a clean marina.
Clean Boating Materials Available from VCMP
The following materials are available on line free of charge from the Virginia Clean Marina Program.
- Clean Boating Tips. Found in this brochure are tips and information for boaters dedicated to keeping their boats clean and safe.
- Clean Fueling Tips. Tips on clean and safe boat fueling from BoatU.S.
- Boat Holding Tank Pump-Out Facilities in Virginia. This map includes links to Virginia marinas equipped with pump-out and dump stations.
- Virginia Clean Marina Guidebook. It includes tips and information on best practices to use for boat cleaning and maintenance, boat operation, and boat sewage disposal.