COVID-19 Update (Excerpt from Dean/Director Aday's message, 9/8/2021):
Exams & Defenses: should be at the discretion of the student, advisor and committee members, but with a preference for in-person events. We have a campus that is almost entirely vaccinated, a mask requirement, and sufficiently large meeting spaces to allow distancing. Current evidence indicates that in-person meetings among vaccinated and masked attendees are safe, and students benefit from the professional development aspect of an in-person presentation and examination. However, this is not a mandate. Advisors and students should work together with individual committee members to determine whether to proceed in person, remotely, or as a hybrid event.
- [[iris, Iris C. Anderson]]
- [[songb, Bongkeun Song]]
- [[munger, Michael A. Unger]]
- [[jeff, Jeffrey D. Shields]]
- [[ehilton, Eric J. Hilton]]
- [[rmann, Roger L. Mann]]
- [[kuehl, Steven A. Kuehl]]
- [[shen, Jian Shen]]
- [[linda, Linda C. Schaffner]], (Professor and Associate Dean of Academic Studies)
- [[brush, Mark J. Brush]], (Chair, Academic Council Committee)
Updated by J. Hay on September 13, 2021.