The School of Marine Science (SMS) online application for Fall 2021 admission will be available on August 1, 2020.
- January 6 - deadline for submission of the online application, including unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. The application also includes the online payment of the $54 (US) non-refundable application fee. The application is not complete until the fee has been paid or waived.
- January 6 - deadline to receive TOEFL or IELTS test scores (if applicable)
- January 6 - deadline to receive all letters of recommendation from your referees
- April 15 - latest date for notification of admission
- Completed a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Unofficial transcripts uploaded for all completed course work (official transcripts will be requested if your application is selected for further review)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores, for all international applicants
- TOEFL School code - 5115
- Resumé or CV
- Essay / objective statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Non-refundable application fee of $54 (US). The application is not complete until the fee has been paid or waived.
*The School of Marine Science at VIMS is not requiring or accepting GRE scores for Fall 2021 applications.
See our Application Instructions for more details.
M.S. & Ph.D. Applicants Only
As you apply, please review descriptions of the research programs of our faculty and contact faculty members with whom you share research interests. Discuss with them specific research areas, funding opportunities, and program information.
Information about the on-line application system is available here.
Contact Information and Mailing Address for Application MaterialsOffice of Academic Studies - AdmissionsGloucester Point, VA 23062 USAe-mail: [[admissions, Office of Academic Studies - Admissions]]
Telephone: (804) 684-7105Fax: (804) 684-7881