The School of Marine Science (SMS) online application will be available in August for Fall 2020 admission. Applicants should plan to take all applicable tests (GRE, TOEFL or IELTS) no later than November 2019.
- January 6 - deadline for submission of online application by applicant, including unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. The application also includes the online payment of the $50 (US) non-refundable application fee. The application is not complete until the fee has been paid.
- January 6 - deadline for receipt of test scores from ETS and IELTS (if applicable, in lieu of TOEFL)
- January 6 - deadline for receipt of letters of recommendation from your referees
- April 15 - latest date for notification of admission
- Completed bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Unofficial transcripts uploaded for all completed course work (official transcripts will be requested if your application is selected for further review)
- GRE scores
- School code - 5115
- TOEFL or IELTS scores, for all international applicants
- TOEFL School code - 5115
- Resumé or CV
- Essay / objective statement
- Three letters of recommendation
M.S. & Ph.D. Applicants Only
As you apply, please review descriptions of the research programs of our faculty and contact faculty members with whom you share research interests. Discuss with them specific research areas, funding opportunities, and program information.
Information about the on-line application system is available here.
Contact Information and Mailing Address for Application MaterialsOffice of Academic Studies - AdmissionsPost Office Box 1346Gloucester Point, VA 23062 USAe-mail: [[admissions, Office of Academic Studies - Admissions]]
Telephone: (804) 684-7105Fax: (804) 684-7881