Photo - of -
- This species first recruits to the survey gear in August.
- The Young-of-Year cutoff values are:
- August: 0-115 mm.
- September: 0-125 mm.
- October: 0-140 mm.
- November: 0-150 mm.
- December: 0-165 mm.
- January: 0-165 mm.
- February: 0-165 mm.
- March: 0-165 mm.
- April: 0-175 mm.
- May: 0-225 mm.
- June: 0-250 mm.
- July: 0-250 mm.
- YOY Index months are in bold.
- The primary index is for Age 0 fish. The index is measured during the first four months of the calendar year following the actual year of spawning.
- Because Blue Catfish are restricted in their distribution, an index of abundance is calculated for each tributary. All stations in the upper river and a portion of stations in the lower river are used.
- The Age 1+ index for this species contains several year classes. It may be possible to split out individual age groups in the future.
Data collected after the transition to a new vessel and net (June 2015) have been adjusted by a species-specific calibration factor and are denoted in gray.