- M.S. Biology. University of Nevada, Reno. NV, USA.
Thesis: Drought and Disease: Could a reduced hydroperiod increase susceptibility to chytridiomycosis in amphibians?
- M.Sc. Environmental Studies. The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI). New Delhi, India.
Thesis: Soil properties in grassland-forest ecotone: The case of grasslands-Shola in Palni Hills
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Microbiology. Institute of Home Economics, University of Delhi. New Delhi, India
I am a microbiologist pursuing a PhD at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS), William & Mary. My research interests include disease ecology, ecoimmunology, ecotoxicology, stress physiology, and conservation with applications including zoonosis and one health. I constantly work towards effectively communicating the results of my work, to various stakeholders, through several outreach platforms.
My current research focuses on understanding the various factors, and their interactions, responsible for disease manifestation. I particularly focus on the etiology and epidemiology of red disease of American eels in Chesapeake Bay. My work is supported through a Graduate Research Fellowship from Virginia Sea Grant and various awards from VIMS.
1. Kohli, A., Lindauer, A., Brannelly L., Ohmer, M., Richards-Zawacki, C., Rollins-Smith, L., and Voyles, J. 2019. Disease and the drying pond: examining possible links among drought, immune function, and disease development in amphibians. Physiological and biochemical zoology: PBZ, 92(3), 339.
2. Schmerbeck, J., Juyal, S., Kohli, A., Naudiyal, N., and Reddy, G. 2015. Does fire make the edge between grasslands and Sholas in the Western Ghats? Observations from the Palni Hills. In: G.S. Rawat and B.S. Adhikari (Eds.) Ecology and Management of Grassland Habitats in India, ENVIS Bulletin: Wildlife & Protected Areas, Wildlife Institute of India, Vol 17: 74-87 pp.
3. Kohli, A., and Schmerbeck, J. 2013. Soil properties in grassland-forest ecotone: The case of grasslands-Shola in the Palni Hills. Seminar proceedings of “Land use related Biodiversity in India” 2013 (by Department of Natural Resources, TERI University and Chair of Vegetation Science, University of Frieburg, Germany).