- B.S., Biology, William & Mary, 2016
- Visiting Student, Marine Zoology and Botany, Friday Harbor Laboratories, 2015
I am a biological oceanographer studying zooplankton ecology to better understand marine ecosystems and carbon cycling. My research considers species abundance and distribution from diel to decadal scales. Other aspects of my work focus on trophic ecology and food web structure. My dissertation research is part of the Palmer Long-Term Ecological Research program, which has studied the ecosystem west of the Antarctic Peninsula since 1990. I am a Scientific Coordinator (early career) for the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research Krill Action Group.
- Nardelli, SC, MA Cimino, JA Conroy, WR Fraser, DK Steinberg, and O Schofield (2021) Krill availability in adjacent Adélie and gentoo penguin foraging regions near Palmer Station, Antarctica. Limnology and Oceanography. doi: 10.1002/lno.11750
- Conroy, JA, CS Reiss, MR Gleiber, and DK Steinberg (2020) Linking Antarctic krill larval supply and recruitment along the Antarctic Peninsula. Integrative and Comparative Biology. doi: 10.1093/icb/icaa111
- Conroy, JA, DK Steinberg, PS Thibodeau, and O Schofield (2020) Zooplankton diel vertical migration during Antarctic summer. Deep-Sea Research I. doi: 10.1016/j.dsr.2020.103324
- Thibodeau, PS, DK Steinberg, CE McBride, JA Conroy, N Keul, and HW Ducklow (2020) Long-term observations of pteropod phenology along the Western Antarctic Peninsula. Deep-Sea Research I. doi: 10.1016/j.dsr.2020.103363