Do you have questions or need to discuss an HR issue? Please make an initial request using the VIMS Human Resources Request form: HR4U.
- Benefit forms, manual time sheets, and other HR paperwork can be scanned and emailed to me at [[v|vims-hr]].
- PAFs or other employee pay changes need to be routed through all approvals (VIMS administration will sign off last, and send to me directly for processing.)
Office Hours (Effective 8/3/2020 –12/2020)
- Mondays from 9AM – 5:30PM
- Other days as needed
- Will come in to meet by appointment
I am available at other times between 8AM – 5PM via office phone at 804.684.7113.
New Cherwell Clearance Process
As of 7/1/2020, VIMS HR rolled out a new automated clearance process. It replaces both the clearance paper form & the PAF.
The process is initiated by a supervisor or Financial Officer/ Business Manager, with active participation from the employee.
- Supervisors can access the automated clearance form at the Clearance Portal.
- Instructions for implementing the Cherwell Clearance process at W&M/VIMS are available online.
Recruitment Process (New & back-fill /recruitment, with or without changes to positions)
Due to COVID-19, we have implemented a special pre-approval process before a position can be processed by VIMS HR.
If you are looking to create a new position or backfill a position, email [[v|vims-hr]] with the following information:
- One-sentence description of your program or lab
- One-sentence summary of why the position is mission critical
- One-sentence summary of implication if position is not filled.
- Existing position # if a current vacancy, or state the new position
- Proposed position title
- Index number
I will submit your request to Dr. Wells' Advisory Committee and be back in touch concerning their decision.
Note: please plan accordingly as it can take up to 2 weeks between my submission of your request and the Advisory Committee's response.
Employee Class/Comp Reviews
Reclassifications and market adjustments with increases are on hold until further notice. If there is a special circumstance, please email me at [[v|vims-hr]], and I will advise accordingly.
For additional HR information, visit the W&M Human Resources website.
Updated: August 2020