- Advising & New Student Registration: Contact your interim advisor(s) or the M.A. Program Director to discuss the classes you will be taking in your first semester. Obtain an alternate pin from your advisor or Program Director to access the online registration module. New student registration begins August 2 (for Fall admission) and January 4 (for Spring admission). Access the dynamic course schedule (select term and then filter by subject area - Marine Science) or open course list to view up-to-the-minute course offerings.
- Registration: Register for classes in Banner during the new student registration period.
- All full-time, degree-seeking students must register for a minimum of 9 credit hours (full-time credit hour requirement) for each fall and spring semester, and all M.S. and Ph.D. students must also register for 3 credit hours each summer.
- All students are expected to register for a seminar (MSCI 515) as required by their respective departments or as decided upon between you and the M.A. Program Director; however, only two (2) credit hours will be applicable to the degree program.
- Tuition Bills: After you register for classes, tuition and fees for the upcoming semester as well as the W&M student health insurance premium (if applicable) will be charged to your student account. View your eBill in Banner.
- Final Official Transcripts: If you haven't done so already, please submit final official transcripts from degree awarding institutions (verifying completion of previous degrees awarded and sent directly from your prior institution) to VIMS Admissions, email: email@example.com or mail: Graduate Admissions, Office of Academic Studies, Virginia Institute of Marine Science, 1375 Greate Rd., Gloucester Point, VA 23062.
- Got Questions? Contact the SMS Registrar at 804-684-7106 for registration/transcript-related questions or the Office of Academic Studies at 804-684-7105 for tuition-related questions.
Last updated by J. Griffin on May 7, 2021.