Internal Funding Opportunities
GSA Student Research Grant
- Up to $1,000 for research supplies not covered by other funding sources
- Awarded 1x per semester
- Contact: Rachel Dixon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|RFP Announcement||Application Deadline||Spending Period|
|Jan 15, 2020||Feb 14, 2020||Mar 1 - May 1, 2020|
GSA Student Travel Grant
- Up to $600 for travel to a conference. Preference is given to students that have not yet received the reformatted award.
- Awarded 1x per semester and 1x in the summer.
- Contact: Justin Shawler (email@example.com)
|RFP Announcement||Application Deadline||Travel Period|
|January 15, 2020||Mar 16, 2020||May 1 - Aug 31, 2020*|
|Apr 1, 2020||June 1, 2020||Sept 1, 2019 - Dec 31, 2020|
|Aug 3, 2019||Oct 1, 2019||Jan 1, 2021 - April 30, 2021|
*No reimbursement for travel until after July 1, 2020, due to fiscal year timeline.
External Funding Opportunities
Funding Opportunities - A compiled list (pdf) of potential graduate student funding opportunities. Updated March 2016.
Eligibility in 1st Year
- 3 years of support ($30,000 stipend, $10,500 tuition)
- 3 years of support (stipend and tuition, varies by degree)
Eligibility during graduate career
- For research support ($500-$5,000)
- 1 year of support ($30,000 stipend, $12,000 tuition, $10,000 research
- For women conducting graduate research ($1,000-$5,000 for research)
- Research support ($500-$2,000)
- For research support ($1,000-$2,500); must be a student member (free)
- 1-3 years of support ($20,000 stipend)
- 1 year of support ($49,000)
- 3 years of support ($30,000 stipend) for predoctoral fellowships, research support ($6,500) for students
Eligibility in final year of PhD
- For women completing their doctoral dissertations
- 1 year of support ($22,000 stipend) for those defending by the next calendar year