Internal Funding Opportunities
GSA Student Research Grant
- Up to $1,000 for research supplies not covered by other funding sources
- Awarded 1x per semester - there will be 2 full awards funded in Spring 2021
- Contact: Rachel Dixon (email@example.com)
|RFP Announcement||Application Deadline||Spending Period|
|Feb 1, 2021||Mar 1, 2021||Mar 12 - May 1, 2021|
GSA Student Travel Grant
- Up to $200 for attending virtual conferences. Preference is given to students that have not yet received the reformatted award.
- These funds can be used to reimburse registration fees/abstract submission fees that have already been paid.
- "Travel" spending period: Spring Semester through May 1, 2021.
- Online application due by 11:59 PM February 12, 2021: Click here to apply.
- Contact: VIMS GSA (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|RFP Announcement||Application Deadline||Travel Period|
|Feb 1, 2021||Feb 12, 2021||Feb 19 - May 1, 2021|
External Funding Opportunities
Funding Opportunities - A compiled list (pdf) of potential graduate student funding opportunities. Updated March 2016.
Eligibility in 1st Year
- 3 years of support ($30,000 stipend, $10,500 tuition)
- 3 years of support (stipend and tuition, varies by degree)
Eligibility during graduate career
- For research support ($500-$5,000)
- 1 year of support ($30,000 stipend, $12,000 tuition, $10,000 research
- For women conducting graduate research ($1,000-$5,000 for research)
- Research support ($500-$2,000)
- For research support ($1,000-$2,500); must be a student member (free)
- 1-3 years of support ($20,000 stipend)
- 1 year of support ($49,000)
- 3 years of support ($30,000 stipend) for predoctoral fellowships, research support ($6,500) for students
Eligibility in final year of PhD
- For women completing their doctoral dissertations
- 1 year of support ($22,000 stipend) for those defending by the next calendar year