Your gateway to information and tools to assist Westmoreland County with implementation of tidal shoreline laws and policy established by the Virginia General Assembly.When accessing data from this site, users agree to all conditions outlined in this disclaimer.
The Center for Coastal Resources Management (CCRM) provides these data with the understanding that they are not guaranteed to be correct or complete, and conclusions drawn from the data set are the sole responsibility of the user. Every attempt has been made to ensure that these data and the documentation are reliable and accurate. CCRM, the Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS), and the Commonwealth of Virginia assume no liability for any damages caused by inaccuracies in the data or documentation; and make no warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, or utility of this information, nor does the fact of distribution constitute a warranty.
Interactive map viewers use the most recent available data pertaining to shoreline conditions, shoreline access and protection structures, tidal marshes, beaches, bathymetry, and topographic elevations, to map and display preferred shoreline best management practices and sea-level rise scenarios. (best viewed on large screens)
- AdaptVA Interactive Map (zoom to locality by using the "Find address or place" search tool)
Shoreline & Tidal Marsh Inventory Reports
Current and historical assessments of shoreline features.
- Shoreline Inventory Summary Tables – 2007
- Shoreline Inventory Reports – 2007
- Historical Tidal Marsh Inventory – 1978
GIS Data Downloads
Click below to download data included in the mapping tools.
- Shoreline Inventory GIS Data – 2007 includes TMI GIS data
- Shoreline Management Model GIS Data – 2015
Other Shoreline Publications
Additional reports and management plans related to tidal shorelines produced by CCRM and/or VIMS Shoreline Studies Program.
- Westmoreland County Shoreline Management Plan – 2013
- Shoreline Evolution: Westmoreland County, Virginia - Potomac River and Rappahannock River – 2012
- Colonial Beach State of the Beach Report – 2011
- Shore Status, Evolution, and Storm Vulnerability Assessments for George Washington Birthplace National Monument - 2009
- Shoreline Situation Reports and their Application for Tidal Wetlands Management; A Demonstration Project in Westmoreland County, Virginia – 2006 (pdf)
- Dune Evolution Westmoreland County, Virginia Potomac River Shoreline – 2006
- Public Beach Assessment Report: Central Beach and Castlewood Park Beach Colonial Beach, Virginia – 2002
- Tidal Shoreline Laws & Policies
- CCRMP FAQ's