Your gateway to information and tools to assist the City of Virginia Beach with implementation of tidal shoreline laws and policy established by the Virginia General Assembly.When accessing data from this site, users agree to all conditions outlined in this disclaimer.
The Center for Coastal Resources Management (CCRM) provides these data with the understanding that they are not guaranteed to be correct or complete, and conclusions drawn from the data set are the sole responsibility of the user. Every attempt has been made to ensure that these data and the documentation are reliable and accurate. CCRM, the Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS), and the Commonwealth of Virginia assume no liability for any damages caused by inaccuracies in the data or documentation; and make no warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, or utility of this information, nor does the fact of distribution constitute a warranty.
Interactive map viewer that displays the most recent shoreline and tidal marsh inventory, sea-level rise scenarios and preferred shoreline best management practices as determined by the Shoreline Management Model. (best viewed on large screens)
Shoreline & Tidal Marsh Inventory Reports
Current and historical assessments of shoreline features.
- Shoreline Inventory Summary Tables – 2012
- Shoreline Inventory Reports – 2012 & 1978
- Historical Tidal Marsh Inventory – 1989 (Back Bay), 1979 (Lynnhaven & Lake Rudee), 1976 (North Landing River)
- Lynnhaven Bay Watershed Shoreline Inventory Maps – 2007
- Lynnhaven Bay Watershed Shoreline Inventory Summary Tables – 2007
- Lynnhaven Bay Watershed Shoreline Report – 2007
GIS Data Downloads
Click below to download the most recent data displayed in the Comprehensive Map Viewer.
- Shoreline and Tidal Marsh Inventory GIS Data – 2015
- Shoreline Management Model GIS Data – 2015
- Lynnhaven Bay Watershed Shoreline Inventory GIS Data – 2007
Other Shoreline Publications
Additional reports and management plans related to tidal shorelines produced by CCRM and/or VIMS Shoreline Studies Program.
- Lynnhaven River Shoreline Management Plan – 2013
- Shoreline Evolution: City of Virginia Beach, Virginia - Chesapeake Bay, Lynnhaven River, Broad Bay, and Atlantic Ocean – 2012
- The Effects of Sea Level Rise on Tidal Wetlands in the Lynnhaven River Watershed – 2009
- Shallow Water Fish Communities and Coastal Development Stressors in the Lynnhaven River – 2007
- Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base Chesapeake Bay Shoreline – 2005
- City of Virginia Beach Dune Inventory – 2003
- Environmental Studies Relative to Potential Sand Mining in the Vicinity of the City of Virginia Beach, Virginia – 1998
- Public Beach Assessment Report: Ocean Park Beach, Virginia Beach – 1993
- Shoreline Best Management Practices including Decision Tools and Shoreline Management Model
- Comprehensive Plan Guidance
- Tidal Shoreline Laws & Policies
- CCRMP FAQ's
- AdaptVA climate adaptation gateway with short and long-term water level predictions, adaptation stories plus legal and policy resources
- AdaptVA Interactive Map sea-level rise forecasts, social vulnerability, infrastructure and natural capital in one viewer
- Tidewatch Map© 36-hour coastal flooding forecasts
- Living Shorelines
- Shoreline & Tidal Marsh Inventory Program
- Wetlands Management including permit records database and permit fees