Your gateway to information and tools to assist the City of Poquoson with implementation of tidal shoreline laws and policy established by the Virginia General Assembly.When accessing data from this site, users agree to all conditions outlined in this disclaimer.
The Center for Coastal Resources Management (CCRM) provides these data with the understanding that they are not guaranteed to be correct or complete, and conclusions drawn from the data set are the sole responsibility of the user. Every attempt has been made to ensure that these data and the documentation are reliable and accurate. CCRM, the Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS), and the Commonwealth of Virginia assume no liability for any damages caused by inaccuracies in the data or documentation; and make no warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, or utility of this information, nor does the fact of distribution constitute a warranty.
Interactive map viewers that display information related to shoreline management, flooding, and sea-level rise scenarios and preferred shoreline best management practices as determined by the Shoreline Management Model. (best viewed on large screens)
- Locality Road Flood Tool for incorporating road flooding into locality planning efforts
Shoreline & Tidal Marsh Inventory Reports
Current and historical assessments of shoreline features.
- Shoreline Inventory Summary Tables – 2013
- Shoreline Inventory Reports – 2013 & 2001
- Historical Tidal Marsh Inventory – 1974
GIS Data Downloads
Click below to download the most recent data displayed in the Comprehensive Map Viewer.
Other Shoreline Publications
Additional reports and management plans related to tidal shorelines produced by CCRM and/or VIMS Shoreline Studies Program.
- Shoreline Evolution: City of Poquoson, Virginia - Poquoson River, Chesapeake Bay, and Back River Shorelines – 2010
- Shoreline Management Handbook
- Shoreline Best Management Practices including Decision Tools and Shoreline Management Model
- Comprehensive Plan Guidance
- Tidal Shoreline Laws & Policies
- CCRMP FAQ's
- AdaptVA climate adaptation gateway with short and long-term water level predictions, adaptation stories plus legal and policy resources
- AdaptVA Interactive Map sea-level rise forecasts, social vulnerability, infrastructure and natural capital in one viewer
- Tidewatch Map© 36-hour coastal flooding forecasts
- Living Shorelines
- Shoreline & Tidal Marsh Inventory Program
- Wetlands Management including permit records database and permit fees