Education08/2014 to 12/2019, Research Assistant
Department of Oceanography and Coastal Science, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, United States
- Investigate hydrodynamic response in lake estuaries along Louisiana Coast to cold fronts, winter storms, and hurricanes using numerical simulations and observations.
Department of Atmospheric Science, NUIST, Nanjing, China
- Radar reflectivity research of the open laboratory of Nanjing Weather Radar project
- Heavy rainfall prediction using high resolution numerical modeling
- The sea level variation and evolution trend forecast of the Jiangsu coast
Department of Atmospheric Science, NUIST, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
- Numerical simulation of the marine carbon circulation
- Intern in Dunhua Bureau of Meteorology, Jilin, China. Engaged in the work of forecasting weather for the local area.
- Joined in the 908 National Project “Investigation and Research of Wind Energy of Jiangsu and Shanghai Coast” (908-01-BC21)
- Joined in project of “The sea level variation and evolution trend forecast of the Jiangsu coast”
- Took part in “Radar reflectivity research of the open laboratory of Nanjing Weather Radar project”
- Data processing for the project of “Heat wave forecasting and early warning system” (TC09EL62)of the Meteorological Observatory in NUIST
- Joined in the project of “Strong Convection Nowcasting and Warning system of Guangzhou Baiyun Airport”
- Involved in modifying the papers of undergraduates of the institution of Marine Science
- Enrolled new undergraduate students in Changshu on behalf of NUIST
- Intern in Liuhe Bureau of Meteorology, Jiangsu, China. Engaged in the work of weather forecasting for the local area.
- Annual Conferences of Atmospheric Physics and Atmospheric Environment Key Laboratory China Meteorological Administration in NUIST in 2011 and 2012
- Made an academic report in the Fengyun Forum of NUSIT
- Exchange of water of Lake Pontchartrain with coastal ocean through multiple inlets forced by atmospheric cold fronts, 21-22 March 2016, South-Central Section - 50th Annual Meeting – 2016
- Comparison of storm surges in eastern and western Louisiana lake estuaries, 21-26 February, Ocean Science 2016, New Orleans.
- Exchange of Water of Lake Pontchartrain with Coastal Ocean through Multiple Inlets Forced by Atmospheric Cold Fronts, 13th Annual Meeting Asia Oceania Geosciences Society, July 31 – Aug 5 2016, Beijing.
- Conducting weather forecasting for WAVCIS, CSI, LSU http://188.8.131.52/wrf.html
- Reviewer for Open Journal of Fluid Dynamics
- Huang, W. and C. Li, 2017, Cold Front Driven Flows Through Multiple Inlets of Lake Pontchartrain Estuary. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 122(11), 8627-8645. doi:10.1002/2017JC012977
- Huang, W. and C. Li, 2018, Spatial variation of cold front wind-driven circulation and quasi-steady state balance in Lake Pontchartrain Estuary. Estuarine Coastal and Shelf Science, 224, 154-170. DOI:1016/j.ecss.2019.04.031
- Huang, W. C. Li, J. White, S. Bargu, B. Milan, and S. Bentley, 2020. Numerical Experiments on variation of freshwater plume from Mississippi River diversion in Lake Pontchartrain estuary, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans,125(2), C2019JC015282, doi:10.1029/2019JC015282.
- Li, C., Huang, C. Chen, and H. Lin, 2018, Flow regimes and adjustment to wind-driven motions in Lake Pontchartrain Estuary: a modeling experiment using FVCOM, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans 123, 8460-8488. doi.org/10.1029/2018JC013985
- Li, C., Huang, and B. Milan, 2019, Atmospheric cold front induced exchange flows through a microtidal multi-inlet bay: analysis using multiple horizontal ADCPs and FVCOM simulations, Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 36(3), 443-472. DOI: 10.1175/JTECH-D-18-0143.1
- Li, C., Huang, B. Guo, R. Wu, and J. Zhang, 2020, Tidal Currents and eddies around islands – ship-based measurements in Zhoushan Archipelago on the East China continental shelf. MTS/IEEE Seattle, 1-5. DOI:10.23919/OCEANS40490.2019.8962641
- Li, C., E. Weeks, B. Milan, Huang, and R. Wu, 2018, Weather Induced Transport through a Tidal Channel Calibrated by an Unmanned Boat, Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology 35(2): 261-279. DOI: 10.1175/JTECH-D-17-0130.1
- Li, C., K.M. Boswell, N. Chaichitehrani, Huang, and R. Wu, 2019, Weather Induced Subtidal Flows through multiple inlets of an Arctic micro-tidal Lagoon, Acta Oceanologica Sinica, 28(3). 1-16. Doi:10.1007/s13131-019-1361-2.
- Li, C., B. Milan, E. D’Sa, Huang, and Y. Luo. 2019. A real-time ocean observing station off Timbalier Bay, Louisiana. U.S. Dept. of the Interior, The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Gulf of Mexico OCS Region, New Orleans, LA. OCS Study Report.
- Wang, J., C. Li, F. Xu, and Huang, 2020. Severe weather induced exchange flows of an estuary using horizontal ADCPs, a vessel-based ADCP, and regression analysis. Journal of Marine Science and Engineer, 8(2), 113. https://doi.org/10.3390/jmse8020113
- Li, C., Huang, C. Chen, K. Boswell, and R. Wu, 2020. Modes of wind-driven exchange flows through multiple inlets of a lagoon: numerical simulation and analysis. Submitted to Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, under review.
- Huang, W., and C. Li, Comparison of storm surges in eastern and western Louisiana lake estuaries, Ocean Science Meeting, Feb., 2016, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Huang, W., and C. Li, Exchange of water of Lake Pontchartrain with coastal ocean through multiple inlets forced by atmospheric cold fronts, Asia Oceania Geosciences Society 13th Annual Meeting, Aug., 2016, Beijing, China.
- Huang, W., and C. Li, Hydrodynamic responses of Lake Pontchartrain to winter cold fronts, Coastal and Estuarine Research Federation, Nov., 2017, Providence, RI.
- Li, C., Huang, E. Weeks, and Y. Luo, Impact of Tropical Storm Lee (2011) on transport through tidal channels and inner shelf of Louisiana and calibration of transport using unmanned boat. Coastal and Estuarine Research Federation, Nov., 2017, Providence, RI., Oral presentation.
- Huang, W., and C. Li, Cold front driven water transport between Lake Pontchartrain through multiple inlets, AGU fall meeting, Dec., 2017, New Orleans.
- Li, C., B. Gibson, Huang, Y. Luo, and B. Milan, Summary: Analysis and synthesis of WAVCIS data for characteristics of currents on Louisiana coast, AGU fall meeting, Dec., 2017, New Orleans, LA., Oral and Poster.
- Huang, W., C. Li, and C. Chen, Numerical experiment of weather impact on freshwater plume from Bonnet Carré Spillway diversion, Feb., Ocean Science Meeting, Feb., 2018, Portland, OR., Oral.
- Li, C., Huang, and C. Chen, Examination of local and remote wind effects on circulations in coastal bays/estuaries under strong winds, Ocean Science Meeting, Feb., 2018, Portland, OR., Oral.
- Li, C., Huang, H.H. Roberts, M.R. Hiatt, A. Sheremet, V.I. Shrira, and C. Chen, Storm surge and circulation in Wax Lake Delta – numerical experiments for winter storms, AGU fall meeting, Dec., 2018, Washington D.C., Poster.
- Huang, W., C. Li, and M. Hiatt, Numerical experiments on storm surge and circulation in Wax Lake Delta, Coastal and Estuarine Research Federation, Nov., 2019, Mobile, AB., Oral.
- Li, C., Huang, C. Chen, and H. Lin, Adjustment of wind-driven motion and storm surge in a semi-enclosed bay, Coastal and Estuarine Research Federation, Nov., 2019, Mobile, AB., Oral.
- Li, C., Huang, B. Milan, M.D. Miner, A. Sheremet, I.Y. Georgiou, K. Xu, K. Maiti, J. Wang, and M. Li, Impact of Hurricane Barry (2019) on the inner shelf circulation and exchange flow of Barataria Bay. Ocean Science Meeting, Feb., 2020, San Diego, CA., Oral.
- Huang, W., Y. Zhang, F. Ye, H. Yu, S. Moghimi, and E.P. Myers, Coupled hydrological-hydrodynamic large-scale simulation, Ocean Science Meeting, Feb., 2020, San Diego, CA., Oral.