- Aug 12-14: Virginia Association for Environmental Education (VAEE) Annual Conference
- Aug 24: Virginia Household Water Quality Program: Water Clinics, Spotsylvania
- Sept 20-21: 20th Annual Virginia Environmental Health & Safety (VEHS) Conference, Richmond
- Oct 6: Chesapeake Conservation Conference, Chesapeake
- Oct 17-20: OCEANS 2022 Conference, Virginia Beach, hybrid
Send your events today to email@example.com!
- Earth Force Educator Workshops: Learn how to help students carry out environmental and civic action projects. Allows students to identify environmental issues in their community, find an effective solution to the issue, and work with people to carry out the solution. Registration and materials are free to educators within the Chesapeake Bay Watershed. Register for a workshop here.
FEMA Region 3 Coffee Break Webinars: FEMA Region 3 is hosting a webinar series for hazard mitigation planners and other partners interested in reducing risk in their communities. These “Coffee Breaks” are hour-long webinar sessions hosted every other month to provide mitigation best practices and highlight the work happening at federal, regional, state, and community levels to reduce risk across the region. The Coffee Breaks are open to everyone involved in hazard mitigation, resiliency, or risk reduction planning in the public and private sectors, which includes community planners, emergency managers, floodplain managers, GIS technicians, government officials, contractors, and anyone else involved in the development and implementation of hazard mitigation and risk reduction strategies.
- Future Harvest's Field School Events: Future Harvest’s mission is to advance agriculture that sustains farmers, communities, and the environment. We provide education, networking, advocacy, and research to help build a sustainable Chesapeake foodshed, where food flows from farm and fishery to table in ways that strengthen farming and the regional food economy; protect our land, water, and air; and provide healthy, nutritious food that sustains the region’s communities.
- Restoration Webinar Series: Hosted by NOAA and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, this webinar series communicates new approaches, best management practices and innovative restoration techniques to some of our nation’s greatest restoration challenges. The series covers a broad spectrum of topics including: planning and implementing restoration projects; project monitoring and evaluation at multiple time scales; accounting for a changing climate in restoration; regional restoration planning and priority setting; and permitting.
- Water Research Webinar Series: EPA's Office of Research and Development hosts this webinar series to share current research activities and results. Through innovative science and engineering, EPA’s researchers are developing cost-effective, sustainable solutions to 21st century complex water issues. The scientific results and innovative technologies developed support EPA’s mandate to protect the chemical, physical, and biological integrity of our Nation’s water resources, and to ensure safe drinking water and water systems.
- Watershed and Stormwater Webcast Series: Since 2009, the Center for Watershed Protection has been providing high quality webcasts for stormwater and watershed professionals. In that timespan, an estimated 24,000 professionals have participated in the Center’s webcasts. CWPA members can view past webcasts for free.
Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professionals is offering training and certification this summer! This training is not just for landscape professionals, and is eligible for CEUs for a lot of allied professions. Note, Riparian Buffer course in Fall 2022.
What's on your radar? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with additions/suggestions.