Office of Academic Studies
- Linda Schaffner, Ph.D., Professor and Associate Dean of Academic Studies
- Cathy Cake, M.P.A., Graduate Program Administrative Assistant
- (tbd) Assistant Director for Admissions & Student Affairs
- Jennifer Hay, M.S., Graduate Registrar & Assistant to the Associate Dean of Academic Studies
About Our Office
Academic Studies is the central administrative office for academic programs at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science. Our mission is to advocate on behalf of students and the academic program, support the faculty and staff who are engaged in delivering education and student services, and develop and administer academic and institutional policies affecting students in ways that foster high academic standards, responsible conduct and student resilience within an equitable, inclusive and diverse education and training environment. We provide support for William & Mary's School of Marine Science graduate program at VIMS, and the undergraduate marine science minor, which is offered jointly with Arts & Sciences. The Associate Dean of Academic Studies also provides stewardship for the broader array of educational activities that are part of the VIMS mission.
Learn more about what we do in Academic Studies...
William & Mary
- Email the [[academicstudies, Office of Academic Studies]]
- Email [[admissions, Admission]]
- Email the [[registrar, Registrar]]