Responding to climate change in the coastal zone
These white papers by members of the VIMS faculty provide 4-page synopses of the causes and consequences of climate change in Chesapeake Bay and the coastal zone, along with recommendations for adaptive responses.
- Climate Change and Aquatic Diseases—by Drs. Wolfgang Vogelbein, Eugene Burreson, Ryan Carnegie, and Jeffrey Shields
- Climate Change and Coastal Contamination—by Dr. Mike Unger
- Climate Change and Coastal Ecosystems—by Dr. J. Emmett Duffy
- Climate Change and Land-Coastal Connections—by Drs. Elizabeth A. Canuel and James E. Bauer
- Climate Change and Plankton Food Webs—by Drs. Walker Smith, Deborah Steinberg, Deborah Bronk, and Kam Tang
- Climate Change and Submerged Aquatic Vegetation—by Drs. Ken Moore and Robert Orth
- Observing Coastal Climate Change—by Drs. Mark Patterson, Mark Brush, and Marjorie Friedrichs
- Planning for Coastal Sea-Level Rise—by Drs. John Boon, Harry Wang, and Jian Shen
Also read our "Response to Climate Change" written for the UN Environmental Programme.