- M.S. in Marine Science (Fisheries Science) - Virginia Institute of Marine Science 2013
- B.S. in Marine and Freshwater Biology - University of New Hampshire 2010
- Environmental effects on the abundance and distribution of fishes
- Fish movement
- Recreational fishery effects on fish populations
- Fish reproduction
- Large pelagic fishes
Marcek, B.J., R.W. Brill, and M.C. Fabrizio. Metabolic scope and hypoxia tolerance of Atlantic croaker (Micropogonias undulatus Linnaeus, 1766) and spot (Leiostomus xanthurus Lacepède, 1802), with insights into the effects of directional climate change. In review. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology.
- Huynh, Q.C., J. Beckensteiner, L.M. Carleton, B.J. Marcek, V. Nepal KC, C.D. Peterson, M.A. Wood, and J.H. Hoenig. Comparative performance of the length-converted catch curve and Beverton-Holt equation for estimating total mortality. In review. Marine and Coastal Fisheries.
- Lynch, S.D., B.J. Marcek, H.M. Marshall, P.G. Bushnell, D.Bernal, and R.W. Brill. 2017. The effects of pop-up satellite tags (PSATs) on the metabolic rate and swimming kinematics of juvenile sandbar shark (Carcharhinus plumbeus). Fisheries Research. 186: 205-215.
- Graves, J.E., B.J. Marcek, and W.M. Goldsmith. 2016. Effects of air exposure on the postrelease mortality rates of White Marlin caught in the offshore recreational fishery. In Review. North American Journal of Fisheries Management. 36: 1221-1228.
- Marcek B.J., M.C. Fabrizio, and J.E. Graves. 2016. Short-term habitat use of juvenile Atlantic Bluefin Tuna, Thunnus thynnus. Marine and Coastal Fisheries. 8: 395-403.
- Marcek B.J. and J.E. Graves. 2014. Post-release mortality of school-size Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Thunnus thynnus in the U.S. recreational troll fishery. North American Journal of Fisheries Management. 34: 602-608.
- Bishop, M.J., J.E. Byers, B.J. Marcek, and P.E. Gribben. 2012. Density-dependent facilitation cascades determine epifaunal community structure in temperate Australian mangroves. Ecology. 93(6) 1388-1401.
- Marcek, B. and J. Bunker. 2009. Assessment of pelagic food webs in Mendum's Pond. UNH Center for Freshwater Biology. 11(2): 9-19.