VIMS permits one-time use of its images in brochure, newsletter, newspaper, magazine, book, postcard, calendar, WWW page, and CD-ROM formats. VIMS images may be used at no cost for public service or educational purposes, but may not be used for resale, advertising, or in any other manner that constitutes or implies VIMS' endorsement of a commercial product or activity unless specific written permission is obtained from the [[davem,VIMS Communications Office]]. The user cannot copy, modify, alter, and/or enhance these images for any purpose whatsoever, unless specific written permission is obtained from VIMS.
Where VIMS images are reproduced they must bear the credit: Virginia Institute of Marine Science.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
VIMS' images and materials are available free of charge for public service or educational purposes. All materials are provided under the following conditions and recipients of such materials agree to be bound by all of the following forms and conditions:
- The following credit line is mandatory with use of any and all VIMS materials unless permission is granted by the VIMS Communications Department to the client for use of part of a credit line. CREDIT: Photographer's name (if known) / Virginia Institute of Marine Science. Omission of credit line with VIMS images without express written permission of VIMS Communications Department subjects client to legal action.
- VIMS photos will be used one-time only by the applicant for the agreed-upon use.
- Client will not make or permit any alteration, additions, or subtractions in respect of the materials, including without limitation any synthesization of the images, alone or with any other material, by use of computer or other electronic means or any other method or means now or thereafter known, unless specific written permission is obtained from VIMS.
- Client accepts full liability of its principals, employees, agents, affiliates, printers, and successors for damage or misuse of images.
- Client shall provide two free copies of uses appearing in print or electronic productions.
©Copyright 2011, Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS)/College of William and Mary