Use winning photos from the annual VIMS Photo Contest to decorate your computer desktop.
- 1st Place: Eye of clearnose skate. Photo by Aimee Halvorson.
- 2nd Place: Antartic diatom chain. Photo by Lori Price and Kim Bernard.
- 3rd Place: Cannonball jellyfish. Photo by Paul Richardson.
- Blue crab. Photo by Corinne Audemard.
- Research on Arctic sea ice. Photo by Steven Baer.
- Crab pots in snow. Photo by Anu Frank-Lawale.
- The Yorktown waterfront. Photo by Carol Hopper-Brill
- Seining. Photo by Rochelle Seitz.
- Click photo or photo links above.
- Right-click (Windows) or contol-click (Mac) on image that appears. Image size is 1024 X 768 pixels.
- Download or save image to your computer.
Set Desktop Wallpaper (Windows)
- Click on Start button>
- Go to Settings, then Control Panel
- Double-Click on Display
- Click on Desktop Tab
- Click Browse to find the file on your computer (wherever you saved it), and
- Select how you want to see it on the screen: Center, Tile, Stretch
- Click OK
Set Desktop Wallpaper (Mac)
- From Apple menu open System Preferences
- Select "Desktop & Screen Saver"
- Select image from Pictures folder or iPhoto library
- Select how you want to see it on the screen: Fit to Screen, Fill Screen, etc.
- Close window