Information Technology & Networking Services (ITNS)
Service Level Agreement
This Service Level Agreement (SLA) is intended for ITNS approved technology utilizing the VIMS network. Within this document, the term “client” will be used to represent VIMS Faculty, Staff, and Students. Further ITNS information and policies can be found at www.vims.edu/itns/policies.
Terms of Service
ITNS will provide service during regular VIMS operating hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This agreement does not necessarily provide for troubleshooting services outside these hours.
Our goal is to solve problems as quickly as possible. Times may vary based on client, technician availability, scope of problem, volume of workload, and parts availability.
Clients should submit any technology related requests through the ITNS ServiceDesk Portal. If there is an issue submitting the requests, please contact ITNS. The ServiceDesk portal and the ITNS contact list are located at www.vims.edu/itns.
Areas of Support
ITNS has several different areas of support which are defined below:
Client Technology Support
Enterprise Security Support
Office and Cell Phone Support
Storage and Backup Administration
Technology Procurement Approvals
Unix/Windows Server Support
Web Account Administration
Web Server Support
The following are the responsibilities of all members of the VIMS campus computing community:
- maintain use of up-to-date virus protection
- perform backups of critical data
- maintain the security of logon passwords
- avoid unsafe computing
- use network drives for critical data
- follow ITNS directives for technology requirements
- use ITNS standards for software and email protocols
- request ITNS support via the VIMS ServiceDesk portal
- coordinate provisioning of new technology with ITNS
Note: ITNS reserves the right to remove any device that may present issues on the VIMS network.
ITNS strives to provide the best possible service to the VIMS computing community. The following is not all inclusive, but are the primary responsibilities of ITNS to ensure a functional computing environment:
- prioritize all incoming technology support requests
- provide adequate response to requests
- maintain a safe and secure computing environment
- define technology standards*
- provide a stable network environment
- maintain reliable core services (i.e. email, web, vpn, storage, etc.)
- configuration of technology devices
- provide solutions for client technology needs and requirements
*Updated technology standards can be found in the ITNS “Approved Systems and Applications” document, located at www.vims.edu/itns/policies