The Eastern Shore Laboratory (ESL) is located in Wachapreague, VA, on the ocean side of the Delmarva peninsula. The lab is approximately a 2.5-hour drive from the main VIMS campus in Gloucester Point. There is no public transportation between the two campuses. The geographic coordinates of the ESL are 37.61° N, 75.69° W.
- Ronald Reagan Washington International Airport
- Washington Dulles International Airport
- Norfolk International Airport - Norfolk, VA
- Richmond International Airport - Richmond, VA
- Newport News / Williamsburg International Airport- Newport News, VA
- The closest AMTRAK stops are in Norfolk and Virginia Beach, VA