Your gateway to information and tools to assist the City of Virginia Beach with implementation of tidal shoreline laws and policy established by the Virginia General Assembly. Access to downloadable files is included. When downloading data from this site, users agree to all conditions outlined in this disclaimer.
The Center for Coastal Resources Management (CCRM) provides these data with the understanding that they are not guaranteed to be correct or complete, and conclusions drawn from the data set are the sole responsibility of the user. Every attempt has been made to ensure that these data and the documentation are reliable and accurate. CCRM, the Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS), and the Commonwealth of Virginia assume no liability for any damages caused by inaccuracies in the data or documentation; and make no warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, or utility of this information, nor does the fact of distribution constitute a warranty.
Interactive map viewers use the most recent available data pertaining to shoreline conditions, shoreline access and protection structures, tidal marshes, beaches, bathymetry, and topographic elevations, to map and display preferred shoreline best management practices and sea-level rise scenarios. (best viewed on large screens)
- AdaptVA Interactive Map (zoom to locality by using the "Find address or place" search tool)
Shoreline & Tidal Marsh Inventory
Current and historical assessments of shoreline features.
- Shoreline Inventory Summary Tables – 2012
- Shoreline Inventory Reports – 2012 & 1978
- Historical Tidal Marsh Inventory – 1989 (Back Bay), 1979 (Lynnhaven & Lake Rudee), 1976 (North Landing River)
- Lynnhaven Bay Watershed Shoreline Inventory Maps – 2007
- Lynnhaven Bay Watershed Shoreline Inventory Summary Tables – 2007
- Lynnhaven Bay Watershed Shoreline Report – 2007
GIS Data Downloads
Click below to download data included in the mapping tools. Metadata is also included that describes each shapefile, and defines attribute accuracy, data development, and any use restrictions that pertain to the data.
- Shoreline Inventory GIS Data – 2015 includes TMI GIS data
- Tidal Marsh Inventory GIS Data – 2012
- Shoreline Management Model GIS Data – 2015
- Lynnhaven Bay Watershed Shoreline Inventory GIS Data
Other Shoreline Publications
Additional reports and management plans related to tidal shorelines produced by CCRM and/or VIMS Shoreline Studies Program.
- Lynnhaven River Shoreline Management Plan – 2013
- Shoreline Evolution: City of Virginia Beach, Virginia - Chesapeake Bay, Lynnhaven River, Broad Bay, and Atlantic Ocean – 2012
- The Effects of Sea Level Rise on Tidal Wetlands in the Lynnhaven River Watershed – 2009
- Shallow Water Fish Communities and Coastal Development Stressors in the Lynnhaven River – 2007
- Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base Chesapeake Bay Shoreline – 2005
- City of Virginia Beach Dune Inventory – 2003
- Environmental Studies Relative to Potential Sand Mining in the Vicinity of the City of Virginia Beach, Virginia – 1998
- Public Beach Assessment Report: Ocean Park Beach, Virginia Beach – 1993
- Tidal Shoreline Laws & Policies
- CCRMP FAQ's