Your gateway to information and tools to assist Richmond County with implementation of tidal shoreline laws & policy established by the Virginia General Assembly. Access to downloadable files is included. When downloading data from this site, users agree to all conditions outlined in this disclaimer.
The Center for Coastal Resources Management (CCRM) provides these data with the understanding that they are not guaranteed to be correct or complete, and conclusions drawn from the data set are the sole responsibility of the user. Every attempt has been made to ensure that these data and the documentation are reliable and accurate. CCRM, the Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS), and the Commonwealth of Virginia assume no liability for any damages caused by inaccuracies in the data or documentation; and make no warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, or utility of this information, nor does the fact of distribution constitute a warranty.
Maps that display shoreline conditions, shoreline access and protection structures, tidal marshes, beaches and land use conditions.
- Comprehensive Map Viewer – coming in 2018
- Shoreline Inventory Maps – 2001
- AdaptVA Interactive Map – View sea-level rise scenarios, flood hazard zones, social vulnerability, infrastructure, and natural resources. (zoom to locality by using the “Find address or place” search tool)
Shoreline & Tidal Marsh Inventory
Current and historical mapping of shoreline features.
- Shoreline Inventory Summary Tables – 2001
- Shoreline Inventory Reports – 1979
- Historical Tidal Marsh Inventory – 1990
Other Shoreline Publications
Reports and management plans related to tidal shorelines produced by CCRM and/or VIMS Shoreline Studies Program.
- Tidal Shoreline Laws & Policies
- CCRMP FAQ's