- Long-term effectiveness of "living shoreline" techniques for erosion protection
- Facilitating shoreline stewardship and behavior change
- Continuing education and training for Virginia Master Naturalists & Master Gardeners, local & state government, citizen advisory boards, and marine industry
- Living shorelines project tracking and adaptive management feedback
- Coastal resource management plans and decision tools
Bilkovic, D.M., Mitchell, M., Mason, P., and Duhring, K. The Role of Living Shorelines as Estuarine Habitat Conservation Strategies. 2016. Coastal Management 44 (3): 161-174. (pdf)
Hardaway, C.S. Jr., Milligan, D. and Duhring, K. 2010. Living Shoreline Design Guidelines for Shore Protection in Virginia's Estuarine Environments, version 1.2. Special Report in Applied Marine Science and Ocean Engineering No. 421, Virginia Institute of Marine Science, Gloucester Point, Virginia. (pdf)
Duhring, K. 2007. Overview of living shoreline design options for erosion protection on tidal shorelines. In proceedings of Living Shorelines Summit held December 6-7, 2006 in Williamsburg, VA.